Schadenfreude

Two Felte/on's....Felten And Felton. Viewpoints and Discussion From Two Old War Horses

Monday, September 13, 2004

Welcome to Schadenfreude!

Hello fellow traveller in the Blogsphere.....

and welcome, dear reader, to Schadenfreude. As this is my first foray into blogging, this will be a learning experience for me. I hope to improve my writing, grow a readership, gain influence and take over the world.

OK. Maybe not.

I will introduce myself in detail later. For now, you should know that I am a 30-something US Army Psychological Operations Soldier. Therefore, my opinions are deeply-held and not lightly shaken. I'm fairly conservative and married to the delightful and charming Mrs. -En. She is the mother to our beautiful six-year-old daughter.

Although I am a soldier, I am not of the demographic the liberals like to put all soldiers in. I'm college-educated and from the middle class. I'm not poor with criminal leanings, nor am I unable to find work anywhere else.

I'm a former police officer. I've worked in IT. In fact, I was happily working in IT when September 11th, 2001 happened. As with most Americans, my life was turned upside-down. I went back into the Army (after a 5 year break) and have been there ever since. I got to go to Iraq again (I was there for Gulf I), and discovered that I never really missed the place. The people are wonderful. The food, exquisite. The heat, bullets, and occasional missle/mortar attack I could live without.

That's enough about me for now. My collaborator and partner in this blog, -On, will introduce himself later.

Enjoy your stay. Please feel free to comment. I have a thick skin. Be advised, however, I do reserve the right to ban you from this site for anything in poor taste or just plain mean to your fellow visitors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home