Schadenfreude

Two Felte/on's....Felten And Felton. Viewpoints and Discussion From Two Old War Horses

Monday, November 01, 2004

A Reprieve


Army recruiting
Originally uploaded by schadenfreude.
Well, a call came in from the governor at the 11th hour, so to say. I was supposed to leave for Fort Jackson on Halloween, but I got lucky. I was able to convince TPTB to allow me to enter the next class (scheduled for 7 October).

This buys me a little time with the family. Not much, but any little time spent with them is better than none.

After Snake Oil Sales school, I will be posted somewhere. My guess is L.A. or San Diego. I requested the Bay Area, but I doubt I'll get it. The lovely and charming Mrs. Felten would really like that part of California...more restaurants and cultural choices for her (she's Filipina). Minnesota, although my home and home to most of her immediate family for the last 7 or so years, is a cultural and culinary Siberia for her.

I have come to some sort of peace and acceptance about this whole thing. Much like a terminally ill patient, I guess. It's completely out of my control and I am at the whim of the Army. Like I said before, it could be much worse, and I could be in Iraq again.

So, I will post here until circumstances prevent me from doing otherwise. I hope to be able to at least put something up every other day or so. I know that's the big no-no in blogging....inconsistency. I will endeavor to be current, at least.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home