Schadenfreude

Two Felte/on's....Felten And Felton. Viewpoints and Discussion From Two Old War Horses

Saturday, November 27, 2004

California, Here I Come

I found out on Wednesday that I would be sent to Petaluma, California. When this course is complete, I will go home for awhile and prepare to move. I have to make contact with the recruiting station commander and find out when I am expected.

Petaluma is about 35 miles north of San Francisco. I did a little research on the area. It seems to be a fairly expensive area to live...I hope there is base housing close by. The average home value is in excess of $280,000. Kinda pricey.

Mrs. Felten should be pleased. The area has a large Filipino community. This means resturants and social events she wasn't able to experience in Minnesota. That should make the transition easier for her to deal with.

I will call the station this week to let them know I'm coming. Hopefully, I won't have to report in until after the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home