Schadenfreude

Two Felte/on's....Felten And Felton. Viewpoints and Discussion From Two Old War Horses

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Political Argument

What happened to the ability to argue your point of view without being offended by the opposition? I went out last night to a local pub with two of my oldest and dearest friends. One I went to high school with; the other I've known for years. Both happen to be Liberals. Not the bleeding-heart variety, but Liberals who can argue their point of view effectively and listen to mine without becoming offended or defensive.

To my friends: thanks for the discussion last night. Next time, first round's on me.

The ability to engage your audience, to grab and hold their attention is paramount to a solid argument. You also have to be frank. Honesty cannot be overlooked.

Now, if three old friends can sit around and shoot the political breeze honestly and openly, why can't our politicians?


2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home