Schadenfreude

Two Felte/on's....Felten And Felton. Viewpoints and Discussion From Two Old War Horses

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Red Star

The Minneapolis Star and Sickle (Star-Tribune, for you out-of-towners) ran a piece yesterday that seemed to reflect their new tack. Now, rather than highlight the differences between them and the rest of America, they say that "The old stereotypical red and blue is no longer accurate, you might be a Democrat". Yes, and perhaps I woke up with gills and fins, too.

When your own philosophy makes your position finally emerge as ridiculous, you can do one of many things. So far, what we've seen from the Dems is that they ignore the issue and make loud, silly counter-accusations. "If it's fake, it's still accurate in it's substance".

Now, apparently the game is afoot, only we are not supposed to see the wolf in sheeps' clothing. (Hey I'm not a wolf, it's a skin condition, and if you mention it again, I'll take you to court for violations of my civil rights. If I was a wolf, by the way, it's my right to be one, and you must help me to be that wolf.) Democrat rise, and shift to your right. Once you have shifted, claim that you have always been conservative. It is those other guys who made us look liberal.

I say stick to your guns. Let them play play...well not doctor (they're busy with medical malpractice) or house (I say that a democrats place is not in the house, or the senate), but perhaps something like Candyland or Uncle Wiggly. Sooner or later, their party will stage a nice purge and they will offer America a credible candidate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home